Personal Chef: Part-Time, Potentially Full-Time
The Naked Bite is looking for an experienced chef to work within the homes of private clients and with our team for special events. We are based in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area and we are committed to using the highest quality local, organic and whole food ingredients to enhance our clients lives. Currently we are looking for a self motivated, inspired and coachable individual who has extensive cooking experience. This business is growing and there is great potential for the right candidate. We need someone who is dependable, honest and driven to succeed in this culinary space.
Clients come to The Naked Bite because we provide healthy, nourishing foods prepared with love and mindfulness. This is food that they want to eat every day – meticulous and layered with flavor, but not fussy. The Naked Bite uses only healthy alternative sweeteners, and flours, unprocessed dairy substitutes and humane meats and dairy. Many clients are gluten-free. We can train if you are not experienced in these techniques, but an interest and a commitment to whole foods is a must. We use nothing highly processed, artificial or with preservatives, ever.
Learn more about Chef Amber Antonelli, and The Naked Bite’s mission and philosophy.
- Creating exciting, healthy, vibrant & vegetable-driven menus
- Awareness of appropriate foods and methods to use for proper storage
- Working with Chef Amber and Client on a daily/weekly menu
- Purchasing and stocking of all food required for service
- Prepare meals which can be reheated at a later time, sometimes served a la minute
- Proficiency with dietary and allergies alternatives a must
- Must be adherent to any cultural, religious or health-related restrictions
- Openness and compliancy to special requests
- Proper storing and organization of food and equipment
- Working within hygienic and sanitary practices
- Ensure kitchen is spotless before you leave client’s home
- Flexibility and understanding of timing when it comes to preparing family meals
- Keeping up with food trends
- Keeping an open communication and a positive approach to new ideas
- Culinary degree preferred
- Have a passion for food and a commitment to caring for others
- Highly proficient in a broad range of cuisines and techniques
- Self-motivated, self-reliant and dependable (much of the position is independent)
- Extreme organization and cleanliness while working
- A positive team oriented attitude
- Creative yet open to input, suggestions and feedback
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Friendly, personable and able to blend into different home environments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility with hours and scheduling
- Excellent references from both current and previous employers
- Serve Safe certified
To apply for the position, please fill out the form below. Please be as complete as possible. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DISREGARDED.