We are fine tuning some recipes for an upcoming cookbook! If you are interested in being a recipe tester for The Naked Bite, please read the requirements below and then submit an application.
Recipe Tester Information & Requirements
- When you receive a recipe, you will be able to make the recipe and provide feedback within 10 days from the date the recipe is sent to you.
- Ability to test 2-4 recipes in 1 month.
- The recipe must be followed, step-by-step, EXACTLY as written. (There will be room for you to provide your suggestions later.)
- Be able to take a photo of the finished product and upload the photo to our post-recipe survey.
- Take detailed notes and provide very detailed feedback via our survey.
- This is a volunteer position. There will be no monetary compensation or reimbursement for ingredients and supplies. It will be exciting to be a part of bringing this cookbook to life- and practicing your skills!
- Besides basic kitchen equipment, we do require that our testers have a blender OR a food processor.
- Sharing or publishing of the recipes is strictly prohibited. Remember: you will be part of a team testing top-secret recipes prior to publication. (FUN!)
- Applying does not guarantee that you will be selected as a tester. We need a variety of skill sets to test the recipes, and only have a limited number of spaces available.
I always travel with food and water in a glass bottle- whether it’s on an airplane or even just out for the day to run errands. This way, I am never at the mercy of low-quality “fast food” or drinks in plastic packaging. These raw (or baked) energy bars are travel-friendly, quick, sugar & gluten free– and vegan to boot! They keep in the fridge, freezer, cupboard, (and in your purse or car) for a few days. You can change the fruit, nuts & spices too for different flavors!
Raw Spiced Fruit & Nut Energy Bars
2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
3/4 cup chopped dried fruits such as cherries, currants, cranberries, apricots
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
1 Tablespoon turmeric (optional)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or fine grain sea salt (or to taste)
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium/large bananas)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (more…)
Hacienda del Sol, Costa Rica
Saturday, July 18 – Saturday, July 25, 2015
Receive $200 when you book by June 8!
The Naked Bite has partnered with Hacienda Del Sol to design our first ever Culinary Retreat! Take a Naked Bite out of life July 18th-25th to restore your mind, body and spirit through food. This blissful week of gentle cleansing includes accommodations, vibrant, healing organic meals & cooking classes, twice-daily yoga & meditation, excursions– even a little spa time, all in a lush jungle setting.
Fly into LIR* on Sunday and settle in with Chef Amber and get to know other Naked Bite enthusiasts as we clarify our vision and set intentions for a week of Pura Vida.
Last August I had the blissful pleasure of spending a week at the Costa Rican resort and retreat center Hacienda Del Sol. We detoxed, relaxed and reset, it was amazing. We spent the first 3 days on a juice cleanse and then moved into light, fresh, organic and mostly raw foods. Needless to say I felt divine what I left. This salad was my go to and I wanted to share my own adapted recipe. It is perfect for spring and summer, or frankly all year round…enjoy!
Jungle Salad with Pesto Dressing Serves 2-4
For the Salad
1- 5oz bag mixed greens or spinach
1/4 container alfalfa or broccoli sprouts
1 small red or yellow beet, peeled and grated
1 medium carrot, washed and grated
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 ripe avocado, medium dice
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
Freshly cracked Himalayan salt & black pepper to taste (more…)
Wether your in a chilly climate in just the first days of spring or in South Florida, this recipe is the perfect meal. If you need to warm up, this a the healthier way to excite the palate and feel indulgent. If you are like me- in humid Miami, then it is tomato and eggplant season and the bounty is at your finger tips. Either way this sauce is a new fave for The Naked Bite, pretty sure that it will be yours too!
I’m sure that we have all been told to “Go with the Flow”. Sometimes when sayings become cliche, they lose their power. But the truth this statement could not be more powerful. When things or life in general are not going “your way” it’s probably because you’re not going the right way.
We can plan, work and push all we want, sometimes it works with ease, with flow. Sometimes however, that could not be further from the truth, and it feels like you are pushing boulders up a mountain. THIS my friends is when it is time to stop- and take inventory of where the flow actually is going. It may not be the direction you planned, or a direction you even want. Most likely is uncomfortable and scary, but chances are that there is more wisdom and opportunity in that flow than anything your ego could have had in mind.