Personal Chef: AUSTIN- Part-Time, Potentially Full-Time
The Naked Bite is looking for experienced and vibrant chefs to work within the homes of private clients executing personal chef services, culinary education and with our team for special events. We are committed to using the highest quality local, organic and whole food ingredients to enhance our client’s lives and the planet in general! Currently we are looking for a self motivated, inspired and coachable individuals who have extensive cooking experience and are also passionate and knowledgable in many aspect of wellness through food. This business is growing and there is great potential for the right candidate. We need someone who is dependable, honest and driven to succeed in this unique culinary space.
Clients come to The Naked Bite because we provide healthy, nourishing foods prepared with love and mindfulness. This is food that they want to eat every day – meticulous and layered with flavor, but not fussy. The Naked Bite uses only healthy alternative sweeteners, and flours, unprocessed dairy substitutes and humane meats and dairy. Many clients are gluten-free. We can train in certain techniques, but an interest and a commitment to health-supportive cooking is a must. We use nothing highly processed, artificial or with preservatives, ever.
Learn more about Chef Amber Antonelli, and The Naked Bite’s mission and philosophy.
- Creating exciting, healthy, vibrant & vegetable-driven menus but also must be fluent in protein cookery
- Working with Chef Amber and Client on a daily/weekly menu
- Purchasing and stocking of all food required for service
- Prepare meals which can be reheated at a later time, sometimes served a la minute
- Proficiency with basic dietary needs and allergy alternatives a must, we can train in more extensive applications but a foundation is important
- Must be open to adhering to any cultural, religious or health-related restrictions (directives will come from clients)
- A humble attitude and an openness and compliancy to special requests, not everyone likes everything and that’s ok, we do our best!
- Proper storing and organization of food and equipment
- Working within hygienic and sanitary practices
- Ensure kitchen is spotless before you leave client’s home
- Flexibility and understanding of timing when it comes to preparing family meals
- Keeping up with food trends, techniques, plate presentation
- Keeping an open communication and a positive approach to new ideas, this is a collaboration!
- Availability MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY weekdays as well as some weekends and evenings based on your availability
- Flexibility with hours and scheduling, this is NOT a full-time position for the most part but certain times of the year are busier than others
- Culinary degree preferred but not required, passion and talent are waaaaay more important
- MUST have a passion for healing foods and a commitment to caring for others
- Experience in culinary education preferred, the roll includes chef services but also cooking classes if candidate is able
- Highly proficient in a broad range of cuisines and techniques with a focus on wellness
- Self-motivated, self-reliant and dependable (much of the position is independent)
- Extreme organization and cleanliness while working, it just feel better and after all you’re in someone else home
- A positive team oriented attitude, a willingness to collaborate with an open mind and heart
- Creative yet open to input, suggestions and feedback, a MUST!!!
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, you need to sound like you know what your taking about
- Friendly, personable and able to blend into different home environments and gauge clients on a individual basis
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, but you will by flying solo a lot- so make sure you like yourself!
- Excellent references from both current and previous employers
- Serve Safe certified
To apply for the position, please fill out the form below. Please be as complete as possible. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DISREGARDED we want to SEE some aspects of your first!